ADHITZ

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Actress Famke Janssen







There are some celebrities we meet that absolutely blow us away with their talent and beauty. Actress Famke Janssen is one of those women. You’ll definitely recognize her from stints on How To Get Away With Murder (cue her sexy scene with this year’s Oscar winner Viola Davis) as a kick-ass lawyer; her acting chops are irrefutable. We sat down with the star of soon-to-be hit The Blacklist: Redemption to talk about the new show, getting into character, and her gluten intolerance. Chatting with Janssen was a breath of fresh air; her routines are refreshingly honest. Read below for the full interview. Trust us, this is exactly what you need to get over that mid-week slump.

From start to finish, what would be your ideal food day?

For breakfast, I’d start with boiled eggs, fresh organic berries and two macchiatos. For lunch, I’d eat vegetable pureed soup, vegetarian chili and arugula with mixed fruit and pumpkin seeds. I’d have green tea with 100% dark chocolate and macadamia nuts as a snack. Dinner would be wild salmon, sweet potatoes and arugula with mixed fruit and olive oil. And for dessert: more dark chocolate.

How do you practice beauty from the inside out?

I drink a lot of water; I try to eat organic and healthy foods. I take dance and pilates classes. I try not to take myself or my life too seriously, and to laugh a lot.

Do you follow a specific diet plan?

I unfortunately am gluten intolerant, so I avoid gluten, but other than that I eat what I like, which is mostly healthy foods, luckily.

Which workouts do you love? Which do you think are overrated?

I love to dance, dance, dance. I don’t understand the bootcamp type of workouts.

What are your morning and nightly beauty regimens?

I wash and scrub my face morning and night with Lancer’s Gentle Foaming Cleanser and his Sea Salt Scrub. I use grape seed oil with vitamin E by Aura Acacia on my face and neck twice a day. I swear by it. And Tracie Martyn’s Shakti Cream. I am also a huge fan of Dr. Colbert’s Illumino Oil. It leaves a beautiful glow.

What’s a beauty mainstay that hasn’t changed since your teen years…?

I have used body lotion for as long as I can remember. At the moment, I use the Ahava Dead Sea Water Mineral Body Lotion. And the Magnolia Oil by Leonor Greyl. I mix the two. I don’t go outside without sunscreen. I love the Anthelios 50 mineral one by La Roche Posay.

We can’t wait to see you in The Blacklist: The Redemption! How does the spinoff differ from the original?

It’s lighter. It is more of an international spy show. And it has Scottie Hargrave!

What have you discovered in playing your character so far?

Scottie is a complex woman. She is as tough as she is vulnerable, as accomplished and confident as she is anxiety ridden. She is not easy to define and I love that about her.

What’s a show you personally binge on?

There have been some amazing shows of late. I loved Fleabag. I though it was awesome. And The Night Of was incredible as well.

Which foods are best for clear skin? For healthy hair?

I love putting coconut oil on my hair.

Who is the one person you’d want to do a scene with, that you’ve yet to work with?

Daniel Day Lewis.

Where do you love to travel? What won’t you travel without?

I love Italy. I try to take my vitamins and protein powder daily, despite the fact that making vitamin packages in advance is very time consuming.

What are your favorite cities for food? What restaurants do you go to in each?

I love Paris, Le Voltaire. In Istanbul, Ciya Sofrasi. In San Francisco, The Slanted Door. And any place in Italy.

What’s an issue you feel very passionately about right now and why?

I care most about the environment and the humane treatment of animals. I think the more appropriate response is — why not? We should all care. We only have one planet and the speed with which we are destroying it is frightening. Although extinction is a natural phenomenon, the rate at which we are now losing species is unprecedented.

In the same vein as “the new black” in fashion, what is “the new potato” right now?

Being tolerant.

REVENUE HITS